Bakery Assistant Manager.
Tantrum Doughnuts is expanding our operation this Summer and increasing our supply of handmade fresh daily doughnuts to our local shops and wholesale customers.
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced individual who has a genuine passion and interest in great food, whether a baker, pastry chef, or a chef looking for a change.
The ideal person must possess the drive and determination to work to build on the success of Tantrum Doughnuts and strive for constant improvement as the company enters a new chapter.
The principal focus of this role is the smooth flow of production. They must work closely with the Head Chef, owners, and kitchen team to always deliver an excellent product in a timely fashion. This is a rare and exciting opportunity for anyone wanting to work with a fast growing, progressive company.
• Overseeing and managing the Tantrum Doughnuts Kitchen in the absence of the Head Chef.
• Ensuring all doughnuts are being produced to a consistent high standard. Quality checking each tray before it leaves the bakery.
• Working closely with the rest of the management team to manage controllable costs, and ensure food and beverage GP% targets are met.
• Carrying out general administrative duties and paperwork, as well as placing ingredient orders.
• Ability and desire to drive our small company caddy vans for deliveries to our shops.
• Looking out for the safety of staff, and to be fully aware of and competent in all areas of company policy relating to; health and safety, accidents, food hygiene, and licensing.
A competitive salary will be based on the experience and skills that you have and will bring to the business.
Shifts will include weekend work and availability in peak times such as Christmas, Easter, and Halloween. Most of our production takes place between 4am and 12pm.
Generally, your hours of work will be around this timeframe.
Having your own transport and a clean driving license is essential.
If you are interested in this position, we'd love to hear from you.
Please send a cover letter along with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org